The benefits of Society and Culture Association membership
To join the Society and Culture Association by clicking the link above
If you are unable to pay online or request an invoice by clicking on the link above, please send an email to email@example.com outlining your membership inquiry.
- Opportunities to attend Professional Learning sessions at a reduced ticket price.
- Online meetings, events and teaching sessions through zoom and online platforms.
- Receive our regular journal: Culturescope, as well as having the opportunity of having your work and writing published
- Opportunities for your Year 12 students to attend our annual PIP and HSC Study Days
- Opportunity to nominate for the annual Dr. David Dufty Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning in Society and Culture (from 2020)
- The chance to attend the Society and Culture Awards. This event acknowledges excellence in both the HSC examination and the Personal Interest Project. The event includes the presentation of prizes, medals and certificates. Parents and teachers are invited. Each year the best PIPs are accessioned into the permanent collection of the State Library of NSW
- Being represented at the NESA, through the facility for participation in Curriculum and Assessment Committees
- Representation at the Professional Teachers Council, who are actively involved in important new directions in education
- Dear Pippa, our on-line advice to students and teachers on PIP matters
- The Society and Culture Association website and members section, which has a wide and expansive array of digital resources
- Being involved in a politically aware network to support Society and Culture and cultural awareness in education
- Access to regional networks, and options for funding of regional activities by the Association.