The Society and Culture Association is hosting our first round of professional development for the year, ‘Flagship FUNdamentals’.
Date: March 19th
Venue: Metcalfe Theatre, NSW State Library OR Zoom
The day is designed for (but not limited to!) early career teachers or teachers new to our subject Places at the Library are limited to 60 due to COVID-19 venue restrictions.
Presentations will cover the Preliminary Course with a focus on concepts, theories and assessment, including
The SocioCultural World – Applying concepts, appropriate focus studies and the use of questionnaires as a research method
Personal and Social Identity and Intercultural Communication – Application of theories, appropriate focus studies and the use of research methods.
Assessment – NESA perspective – Designing quality tasks using Stronger HSC standards, use of data to inform assessment and understanding outcomes.
Assessment: Classroom teacher perspective – Task designs and checklists, formative and summative assessment ideas, explicit teaching of examination techniques.
- Pending NESA accreditation – information will be supplied to support teachers enter details as Elective PD if required
- Still pending information as to whether the sessions will be recorded and available after the event.
- Registrations for the Metcalfe will close Monday 15th March (unless sold out prior)
- The ZOOM will have the capacity for Q&A and this will be monitored throughout the day.
- A range of engaging presentations and teaching resources have been developed for each session – these will be emailed to participants by Wednesday 17th March.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this event.