The benefits of membership of the Society and Culture Association
To join the Society and Culture Association, download our membership form and return to the address enclosed:
If you are unable to pay online or request an invoice by clicking on the link above, please send an email to [email protected] outlining your membership inquiry.
- Receive our regular journal: Culturescope, as well as having the opportunity of having your work and writing published
- Professional Development Days; we respond to members requests for particular training and development
- Opportunities for your Year 12 students to attend our annual PIP and HSC Study Days
- The Society and Culture Awards to acknowledge excellence in both the HSC and the Personal Interest Project, including the presentation of prizes, medals and certificates. Parents and teachers invited. Each year the best PIPs are accessioned into the permanent collection of the State Library of NSW
- Being represented at the Board of Studies, through the facility for participation in BOS Curriculum and Assessment Committees
- Being represented at the Professional Teachers Council, who are actively involved in important new directions in education
- Dear Pippa, our on-line advice to students and teachers on PIP matters
- The Society and Culture Association website at HSC Online
- Be represented and participate in a politically aware network to support Society and Culture and cultural awareness in education
- Access to regional networks, and options for funding of regional activities by the Association
- Join the Committee and be active in a great team involved in planning and implementing any or all of the above activities.